Our friend, Ella, is a real-live eskimo, and she used to live in an igloo-! So, this is for her! :)
11 years ago
Not flesh of my flesh Nor bone of my bone Yet still miraculously my own Never forget for a single minute You didn't grow under my heart, but in it. -Fleur Conkling Heylinger (courtesy Heather J.)
~"pitty" (pretty)~"cah" (car)~"hah-by" (heavy--my favorite:)
~"bi-bi" (binky)
~"go"
~"ghee" (cheese)4/4 - This morning on our walk with Sam the dog, Caleb put the hand waving and "hi" together--so, every time we saw a person, near or far, he would wave and say, "Hi! Hi! Hi!"; sometimes it turned into "yah! yah!"
~loves to say "byeee!"
Caleb likes to take the cell phone from me when I'm on it, and close it. Recently, I was talking to Joe on speaker phone (so that Caleb could hear), and Caleb took the phone, and while shutting it, said softly, "Bye-bye Da."
~"ba-bah" (basketball)
~"hi"~"boo"~"puh-buh" (Peek-a-boo)~"uh-oh" (used to sound like "uh-uh", before he figured out the "oh" sound)~folds his arms if he hears the word 'prayer', and says "may-meh" (amen) at the end, or sometimes just when HE is done with the prayer being said ;)~"mi-mi" (mommy--took us forever to figure out this is what he was saying--finally!)~"cracker"~"moo" (could mean either Moon or the sound cows make)~"bup-pee" (puppy--my fave)~"cocker" (helicopter)~"stinky"~signs "more" and says "peas" (please)~does little action for "elephant"~does little arm action for "airplane"--which he loves to find when he hears them!~"bee" (usually says "bee bee")~"baby"~"nana" (banana)~"da-da", "daddy", "da-dai", "da-du" (naturally this was first ;)
9 comments:
That is a GREAT picture! I wish I could have been there to join the fun!
FUN!
So cute, Sally! I'm glad that you had fun!
I love your blog. I got a chance to see it after visiting the Viehwegs blog. Hope we can be blog buddies!!
Shannon
That's so much fun! I love the snow!
Nonie and I slept out in a snow house once... I lasted all of four hours before my feet fell off... I left her outside and went into her house and fumbled in the dark trying to turn their heater on... turns out that when we awoke that freezing morning, I had accidentally turned their air conditioning on full blast... oops! I guess I'm a wimp! I love a heater waaayyy too much!
Bye the way, Sal, I love your new look and cute picture. I also love reading those quotes from students on the side! Very entertaining! : )
Thanks for the comment. If you want to donate, just any time between now and the end of april. How are you guys???
Sally! It was so fun to read up on your life. I'm glad you are doing so well. What has you guys in Dallas? Houston is big and we are missing Utah but we are slowly adjusting.
Cute background! It IS springy and definitely makes me excited about it!
Post a Comment