Strawberry Dessert
4 c fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c lemon juice
1 carton (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
8 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
1 T butter, melted
Line 8x4-inch loaf pan with foil. Mash 2 cups of strawberries in large bowl. Stir in condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the Cool Whip; pour into pan. Top with combined cookies and butter; press into mixture. Cover. Freeze at least 6 hours+. To serve, invert onto plate. Remove foil. Frost with remaining Cool Whip. Top with remaining strawberries, sliced.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And there is another recipe I want to share, because it's amazing. I made this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe for the second time this week, and it is fast becoming one of my favorite foods. If you like tortilla soup, you'll love this.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
1/4 small onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced*(optional--I leave this out)
1 can stewed tomatoes (such as Del Monte original recipe)
1 can chicken broth (I used 2 c chicken bouillion)
1 can kidney or black beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1/2 c mild picante sauce
1/2-3/4 c frozen or canned whole kernel corn (I used a 8.75 oz can)
1/2-1 t dried oregano
1/4-1/2 t cumin
black pepper to taste
chili powder to taste (such as a couple of dashes)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded
Saute the onion, carrot, and garlic in a little oil. Add the can of stewed tomatoes (including the liquid). Break up the chunks of tomato with your cooking spoon. Add the chicken broth, beans, picante sauce, corn, and spices. Add the shredded cooked chicken. Cover and simmer for 30 min. Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro*(also optional--I'm not a cilantro kinda gal). Serve with tortilla chips, and for an extra-amazing touch, top your bowl of soup with chopped avocado--wow.




7 comments:
Wow, Sal! I am salivating just reading these recipes! They both sound SO good! I think we will be having tortilla soup very soon...Thanks! I'm always excited for new recipes that someone else LOVES!
mmm tortilla soup. this sounds delish. muchas gracias, hermana.
Wow -- I visited your blog at the right time! I will make that strawberry thing from heaven as soon as we're in our new place (a couple more days!)...
I'm coming for dinner! They look delicious. Thanks for sharing!
Okay, those both sound so yummy! I have a couple tortilla soup recipes that are delish, too. Just reading this makes me want to try yours out...just might. :)
Yum, thanks Sally! Is that dessert from Kraft? I think I saw something like it on there, but I definitely want to try it.
Hey, those look yummy, we'll have to try them!
Hey, we did send you an invite to our blog and you have accepted it! So you should be able to look at it. It is with your email joeydavidson1981@gmail.com.... anyhow, if you need another invite to a different email address we can do that. Just send us an email to mel.and.2bjs@gmail.com.
We are really hoping to be able to see you two in a month! Let us know about the BYU-TCU game!
Post a Comment