Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rule #1...

in the car alarm owner's etiquette manual:

"If you don't park your car directly outside your own bedroom window at night, and/or you happen to be a heavy sleeper, kindly disable the alarm when you go to bed."

Of course, maybe I should thank our neighbors, who park under our window, for getting me outta bed and off to work unusually early:) Though I'm not so sure that's what the rest of our apartment complex wanted to do after 40 minutes of "rheeeee.....", with a rather static-y undertone, before the Sun came up this morning. Oi.

9 comments:

Camille said...

Rough morning! What a bummer to be woken up like that. Our problem seems to be dogs running around like crazy and crashing against our bedroom wall. We still can't quite figure it out...

Diana said...

Some days - or mornings - are like that even in Australia. I hear you though when it comes to car alarms. I wish people would be a bit more considerate. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Harvey Family said...

You know what is kinda funny.... same thing happened at our apartment Sunday night...twice! Once at 2 am and again at 4 am. This was one of those alarms that has the sirens then the honking, and all other sounds rotating... Sorry you had a rather long alarm clock and had to get up a little early but how nice it is to know that this happens to other people too!

Heather said...

Do those car alarms even work? It seems all the owners do is ignore them and everyone else just gets annoyed.

Jami said...

Wow, 40 minutes!? That's totally ridiculous!

Emily said...

No fun. That happened to me at my last apartment.

JoDell said...

Ha, ha! It's funny reading about it, but not so funny when it happens to you. :) At least you got to work on time...although I'm sure you would have appreciated the extra 40 minutes of sleep!

Mommydew said...

What a horrible night! I hope you don't have any more like that.

P.S.
I changed our blog url to mommydewandcrew.blogspot.com

Nonie said...

The car alarm owner's etiquette manual? Haha. Good for you for getting up to see the morning sun!