Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Loving the little things

the faces he makes when he's waking up - looks like he's stretching every muscle in his face

"the eyebrow"

the one-eyed pirate face

the way he stares into my eyes when he's eating (and awake:)

how he's starting to try out moving his fingers and arms

my favorite - when he puts his hand on my arm or tickles me or grabs my hand/finger with his fingers when I'm feeding him

having him sleep all curled up against me (and that he falls asleep so fast when held that way!)

his sighs and grunts and coos - especially the sigh/coo sound he often makes after sneezing

the way his face scrunches up and his head shakes, looking like he's about to cry, and then he sneezes

"attacking" the binki or bottle

sleeping with Daddy

12 comments:

Camille said...

Ahhh, so sweet. I can't wait to have a newborn again. There's nothing like it. :) I'm so glad you are loving those little things!

Diana said...

It's the little things that makes the world so wonderful. I just can't get over how absolutely darling he is. He's a keeper!

Chelsea said...

arent the little things amazing! its funny how fast you go into parent mode, and everything is about your child or children! I love it! im so glad you guys are loving it!!

Mardi said...

That's the priceless stuff! Keep on enjoying...it keeps getting better.

Mommydew said...

Aw, too sweet!

Lacee said...

Oh I know! Little babies are so sweet! We too are trying to soak up this time with them so little. He's such a cutie! ~Lacee

Gossling Family Album said...

Congrats to you and Joey (that was what we called him in 8th Ward). Your little boy is as handsome as they come. Enjoy these moments because they fly by so fast.
Jackie Miller Gossling

Harvey Family said...

This makes me even more excited to have ours here. Enjoy all the little things that make being parents so absolutely wonderful!

Teri Harman said...

That is so true. I love all the little things my kids do.
We really do love Saratoga, but we aren't sure if we will stay here forever. Who knows:) You guys ever gonna make it back to Utah?

The Gurrs said...

That is so sweet! I always wish you could some how freeze those moments and be able to pull them out and relive them whenever you wanted.

Devin said...

Sally,

I saw the link to your blog on Diana's website and wanted to say Hi. I'm so glad you are blogging. It's great to see you are enjoying a new addition to your family. Isn't it such a blessing and a miracle? I love the little things more than I ever realized I would.

We have our own blog at http://devinandnaomi.blogspot.com. I'd love to hear from you sometime. Keep up the great posts.
Love,
Devin, Naomi, and Spencer.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! Your little guy is so adorable.