Wednesday, August 25, 2010

While Mommy's away...

Because I was recently called to be one of the leaders in the Young Women program in our LDS ward, I went to our girls' camp overnight August 6-7. I had a great time bonding with our girls, but I have to say, I really missed my little family, even though I possibly got a better night's sleep that short night than I had had in about 5 weeks :) While walking under the amazing stars to the little bathroom building to brush my teeth, I opened my phone to turn it off (no signal out there) and found myself staring at a picture of Caleb and me--and that sweet smile almost put me to tears! I couldn't believe how much I missed the little guy.

While I was gone, Daddy did a great job taking care of the kiddos :) I left the camera with him, and here is what he got for me:

bath time with Daddy

kisses for Mommy :)

sleeping Beauty

ewww... gross

It was so fun to come back to my little buddy (and Daddy and Ella, too :), and I admit I may have shed a few tears of joy upon scooping him up out of his highchair where he was eating lunch. I think he was happy to see me, too--we both laughed as I spun him around in circles in the kitchen. Ahh, the joy of mommyhood :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

goodness you're making me want one! or two! ... :)

Diana said...

Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Man, I love it when I get to go to girl's camp - do you remember our girl's camp days with the good ol' Wilford stake. Hoo-rah! You are such a great mom and with darling kids to boot. I think I'm feeling inspired to sing about Jell-o and a Princess named Pat :)

JoDell said...

That video of Caleb is too cute! How can you stand it? Now we all know why you cried when you saw him again. I'm glad things worked out for Girl's Camp. Ella is growing so much! She's beautiful. I can't wait to see her in person.