Friday, April 8, 2011

Ella is...almost walking!

Ella started crawling on Dec. 15 (alternating hands, pulling her legs/bum along in a little "hop"; then alternating feet by Dec. 20:). She took her first step on March 15, and is definitely progressing! Conference weekend (General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints), she took 2 or 3 steps (I saw 2, Dawn said maybe 3); then two days ago, she took 6-!

This evening, I took the kids on a walk (during which, for more than half, the only passenger in our double stroller was Caleb's little plastic tricycle... Caleb walked after tiring of the bike, and I carried Ella after she insisted on trying to climb out of the stroller and nearly diving head-first into the pavement) to help tire them out and kill time, as Caleb had a long, late nap (oops) b/c I couldn't bring myself to wake him up while I was trying to pacify Ella and make a couple dinners. Anyway, we were sitting/playing in the driveway after our walk, Ella pounding on the garage door (boy, does this girl like to make NOISE), Caleb wandering around, running in circles, etc., and suddenly Ella was taking little steps toward me, her eyes on my water bottle. She reached me in 12 steps (or she might have kept on going!) and I was so proud that I gave it to her :)

We don't have any video footage of her walking yet, b/c unfortunately I'm not smart enough to figure out how to change the disc on our video camera...or charge the dead batteries on our regular camera. But in my defense, those batteries are shot anyway. More than you needed to know. Moving on.

I'll post pics hopefully tomorrow... time for bed now...I always stay up WAY too late when Joe is on-call. :S

3 comments:

Lacee said...

Um no! How can that be possible, because our little girls are very close in age and I'm trying to convince myself that she is still a baby, not an almost toddler! So tell Ella to slow it down!

JoDell said...

Holy cow! That girl is on the move! She's gonna keep you guys on your toes. You might actually enjoy having both Caleb and Ella walking this summer. Who knows? :)

Susan said...

So exciting! Neither of your world's will ever be the same! What a fun and busy summer you will have.