Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ella's Birthday Weekend

The evening before Ella turned 1, she lost her balance watching Daddy swat at a flying insect, tumbled off our porch steps and cut her lower gums & lower lip. (A couple days later we discovered her first two teeth where her gums had been-! They are very cute :)

On Ella's actual birthday, I took the kids to the doctor for her 12-month and his 30-month appointments. Not too fun for Ella--she had to get 2 shots. Which made her pretty mad. But she recovered pretty quickly. As for Caleb, nothing traumatizing happened to him, but he did NOT want to be there, and kept trying to walk out of the doctor's room we were in. But we survived, and then got Frosties. Ella fell asleep so she missed out on that one :) She also missed the 20-lb mark--she's about 18.5 lbs--but we'll keep feeding her & hoping that she'll make it by the time we head to the beach again at the end of July!

The next day, Caleb, Ella, & I went to Target and picked out a doll & a doll stroller for Ella's birthday. I also added one of those big balls from those enticingly full bins that are in every store where a kid (and a mommy?) can see and want one. I couldn't resist :) And they love it! (Worth the 3 bucks:)

She and Caleb both instantly loved the stroller as well:




After dinner, she looked at books in her reading corner, and played with the musical teapot that Grandma & Grandpa G sent (thanks Mom & Dad!). Then that evening, Ella's Aunt Lindsay, Uncle Peter, and cousins Joey & Kimball came over for ladybug cupcakes!

We had a nice time visiting, playing, and eating cupcakes & ice cream.


Ella especially loved the ice cream. And snuggling Aunt Lindsay :)

4 comments:

The Gurrs said...

I love that video of Ella pushing Caleb in the stroller. She is so tough!

I love that she snuggled with me!

Rachelle K said...

Oh so cute! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing!!! That means mine are growing that fast too...yikes! Sending love and hugs your way. :)

JoDell said...

Oh my, she's grown since we saw her April! (Of course she has, but it's always a surprise!) I love her "bye-bye" in the cupcake video. So cute! Did you make those cupcakes, Sally? They are adorable! You're so creative. Miss you all!

Myra said...

we sure love those pictures of your sweet kids - thanks for sharing with us - it is priceless to us...