Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Birth Mothers' Day!

Well, it's technically tomorrow, but I thought I'd get a headstart :)

Birth Mothers' Day is the Saturday before Mothers' Day, every year. We are so grateful for our birthmom, Michelle. We love her and always will, for the unselfish, nay, the immensely loving sacrifice she made that resulted in our little boy, Caleb, joining our family. He is the best thing that ever happened to us--the light of our home--and we couldn't live without him.

On a slightly different subject, I was glancing over one of my favorite regulars, the r house blog, when I caught sight of a link to an older post of hers. What caught my attention was the photograph of an LDS institute of religion instructor I had back when I attended the U of U. I followed the link to read the post, and it was an amazing re-cap, by mrs. r, of a fireside or devotional that she attended, given by my old instructor, Michael Wilcox. He is a very gifted teacher and speaker, and I can imagine that the fireside was inspiring, especially given the notes she shared. He spoke on the struggle of infertility, as well as the gift of adoption, and he gave some beautiful scriptural support of the fact that Heavenly Father knew that infertility would be a struggle for many, many women in this life. If you would like to read the post, it is here.

Discovering the swing - Doesn't he look like he's riding a rollercoaster and loving it??

Happy Birth Mothers' Day

4 comments:

Ella WILLIAMSON said...

Happy MOTHER's DAY TO YOU.
IT IS YOUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY AS MOM on MOTHER's DAY. Congratulation to you.

Harvey Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Sally! You are such an amazing woman and Caleb is so blessed to have you as his mother. Enjoy your first mother's day as a mommy!

Diana said...

I know it I say it all the time but what a cute kid! Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! Love ya!

Rosanna said...

That is such a cute picture! Happy first Mother's Day!