It was actually a way more suspenseful conversation than that, because as she started to tell me the second half of the good news, the signal dropped and I couldn't hear her. But she called me back a few minutes later when she got a signal again, and proceeded to tell me the details. Our baby girl is due mid- to late-June, and she is going to look like Caleb!! We couldn't be more thrilled--and our life probably couldn't get more topsy-turvy in the next month :)
For us, this truly is a miracle. In the fall, Joe started feeling like we shouldn't stop preparing for another child, despite the fact that Caleb couldn't even crawl ;) Through some spiritual inspiration, we both became convinced that yes, it was time to start the process again. We thought we couldn't use the same agency (LDSFS), because they have a one-year-from-placement rule, but simply because we took the time to investigate, we learned that we just couldn't have our actual approval completed until one year from Caleb's placement.
So, we started the paperwork in November/December. And it's a good thing that we did! Joe's schedule got really busy after February; and then there was hiccup after hiccup, despite us doing our best to get through the process--silly things such as the FBI Background Check having my SSN wrong. Though we hoped to have approval by January 11, it did not all get completed until after April started. And then, suddenly, we both felt calm and lost our sense of urgency. We figured that meant that our baby (and Joe has felt strongly it would be a girl, so we have tended to say "she") was just not ready yet, and maybe we'd hear of something by the end of 2010.
Then the call came on friday, and wow--what a miracle.
We have since learned that the official due date is June 23, but our new birthmom, Y., expects that the baby will come early.




32 comments:
Oh my gosh!! i couldnt be more happy for you guys!! oh man, im smiling from ear to ear!! im so excited for you!! keep us up to date and all, and let us know when she comes!! yay!! if you need anything please call us!! love you both and little caleb, and miss you tons!!
Congratulations!!! That is sooooo wonderful. We wish you all the best with a new little girl.
Yeah I knew it! How Awesome is that. Congratulations! Luke and Lacee are also having a baby girl in June. What a wonderful month!
That is sooo exciting! I seriously couldn't think of a more deserving couple! Every time someone says anything about how hard it would be to give you're baby up for adoption I think about you guys, and how it would be a little easier knowing the baby was going to such a loving home! Good for you!
A girl! How wonderful! Congratulations! We are so excited for you all!
Congratulations Sally, Joe and Caleb! We are SO happy for you. We sure miss you guys!
Yay!!! I am so excited for you! What great news to get. I hope the time flies by and you will have your little girl soon!
Congratulations you guys. I am so excited for you. Two definitely takes a little more work but the ground work is there. She and Caleb will be great friends.
yay!! That is so fun!!! I love little girls!!
congratulations!!!! That is so exciting!!! Girls are so much fun!
We're thrilled beyond expression! And, of course, we're so excited that you'll have a girl. We'll keep you in our prayers as you prepare for this new little one. Patrick and Jolene are excited to have a new cousin, too!
Wow. Congratulations! What a lucky, sweet little girl she'll be. All my best.
That is so wonderful!!! Congratulations you guys! Miss you all, let us know the next time you'll be in Dallas so we can visit!!!
That is wonderful news, made my day!
What a wonderful experience! Thanks for sharing it with all of us...and CONGRATULATIONS!
What exciting news!!! I can't stop thinking about it (and smiling). That little girl is going to be one lucky kid to come to your fun family! We're so happy for you and hope that we'll get to meet her before we have to take off.
Oh Sally! That is WONDERFUL news!! Congratulations you guys!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!
Congrats! So exciting, if we ever live close to each other someday, all our kids could be such good little buddies! June will be so exciting for all of us!
Our babies will be close together!!! How exciting. I'm so grateful for your miracle. I have goosebumps.
Yea!! That is so exciting. I am so excited for the two of you. Girls are a lot of fun!
congratulations! that is just so exciting for you guys!
Sally, Joe and Caleb, we are soooo thrilled to hear your wonderful news. :) What an exciting time for you all! I can't wait to hear more from you when your little bundle of joy arrives! I miss you Sally!!! We are back in Ukraine and I would love you to be my neighbor again...oh well. Good times and great memories.
Wow! Sally! That happened so fast! I'm glad you didn't have to wait years and that Caleb will have a sibling close in age. Your story sounds a little like ours in the fact that I kept thinking there was a little girl coming close behind Kylie and that we should be prepared for her, even before she was crawling and I was mensturating. I'm glad we were ready and willing to accept the Lord's will. I've always thought Madalyn was the best thing that ever happened to Kylie. I can't wait to hear about the birth and hear what you name her and see the pictures. That is just so awesome! I can't wait to tell Nathan! Congratulations! I hope everything goes smoothly.
congrats!! that is a great story and true inspiration, happy day for your little family. a girl will be so fun!
What wonderful news, we couldn't be more happy for you! Congrats and we miss you guys!!
I just read this - despite your move and later our, I've kept your family and others like yours in my prayers. I'm so happy for your wonderful blessing! And hooray for Caleb getting a sister!
Sally, I just saw your blog. I am so ecstatic for you and Joe! That is great. We have been praying for you guys. We'll pray that all goes forward as it should.
Oh Sally, I am SO happy for you! How wonderful that you were prepared! I wish you, Joe and Caleb all the best in your preparations! Congratulations!!!!!
first of all, this is my favorite kind of post to read! YAY!
...and no, i wasn't at the race. i was at the Casual Blogger Conference in sandy getting my life changed! LOL i am so glad you went to the run.
nope, i never said i was going, i wanted to, but i haven't YET figured out how to clone myself. (i am close though!)
i have this DREAM of organizing a race myself! wanna help?
That is such great news! You guys are such a cute family. Can't wait to hear the details.Its so fun to see how much Caleb has grown! Miss you guys!
Shannon & Jared
Congratulations! What exciting news!
So totally creepy of me to post on your blog... ha!!!
I found your blog just now by RHouse. We submitted all our paperwork to LDSFS back in September and are STILLLLLLLLL waiting for all our FBI stuff to come back.
I needed to read this story.
Thank you!
PS So did you guys end up going through LDSFS or through ParentProfiles??
PPS OH MY GOSH YOUR CHILDREN ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Post a Comment