Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Caleb in June 2011

Caleb will be 2 1/2 next month. This little boy amazes me just about every day! Today he started saying, "I'm a tough boy!" which made me smile. He loves his little sister, though he gets a bit too rough with her if he's either in a bad mood or overly excited. My favorite sound is hearing them laugh together, though, and they both love doing that.

Caleb is so smart, and always surprises me with the things he remembers and associates with other things. He started the phrase "squeeze me like a lemon!" in our house to ask for a tight hug, and it has stuck. He remembers that he threw up in the parking lot of the San Antonio temple the day we were there to be sealed to Ella, and that is his most recent memory of going there, so he usually says, "I throw up," when we mention the temple. But we have also had a picnic at the temple by the fountain, and he remembered that for a long time, too!

I don't have current stats, but they'll be coming at the end of this month. But I am amazed at how fast he has developed physically--largely thanks to his daddy not being so overly protective as I am, and actually letting him loose to do things on his own at the playground months ago when I didn't even know :) It is so fun to see him gain confidence to do more and more things, especially as he is a pretty cautious kiddo.

Caleb likes to color, paint, and play with playdough (or ask me to make & draw things:) He loves to go for rides in the car; play at the playground; go to the pool (not necessarily get in; he runs around it); go to the zoo; and go to the library. He loves to have mommy build him forts with the couch cushions; eat popsicles with him outside; and play with the dominoes, Zingo tiles, and Maask game pieces with him. It hit me today that I need to savor the fact that he loves to have me with him, doing everything with him; all too soon he will not be so into that, and boy will I miss it!

Caleb isn't quite potty-trained, but he will be when he decides he is ready :) We've had a few non-committal starts, so I know he can do it!

Today he helped me make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, one of my favorites and now one of his, I think :) It has been so much fun that he has started wanting to help more when I make stuff, cracking the eggs, stirring whatever needs mixing, or dumping in ingredients.

He loves to watch movies; some of his faves are King Cole, Veggie Tales, and Meet the Robinsons. I try not to let him watch too many movies, but I think that is back-firing--it's all he ever asks to do! That, or eat popsicles :)

Caleb's favorite foods are popsicles, yogurt, and grapes. Thankfully, he's a pretty good eater, too, of veggies like tomatoes, green beans, spinach, and broccoli.


We had some fun visitors from Dallas in mid-May!
Caleb still will randomly say, "I'm Nate, and Ella's Drew.
No, Mommy you're Drew. I'm Nate." We loved seeing y'all!

If you chance to meet a frown, do not let it stay...

Simply turn it upside down & smile that frown away!
(He loves that song:)

at the zoo

watching a movie (when we were all sick, in my defense;)

1 comment:

Net said...

I love:
1- "squeeze me like a lemon"
2- that he associates the temple with throwing up. oy!
3- make-believe play, pretending you/he/Ella are the Haws boys.
4- he likes songs! so cute!
5- that you feel like you need an excuse to watch movies all day!
MISS YOU GUYS!!