Currently, we are in the middle of a yucky residency month, June, after finishing a yucky sickness month of May. But after tomorrow, Joe has 3 whole days off-! That will be nice :) Then only one more call the rest of June. July should be much nicer. And at the end of June, we are actually halfway done with residency-! Can't believe it. And yet in some ways, it seems like it has gone on forever. ha!
But our life sure changes fast--the official date we could have started the paperwork for another adoption through LDS Family Services was June 2, so we're trying to get things in gear and get started on that. Then, who knows? Perhaps a minivan by the end of 2011 to accommodate our growing gang? That would be something.
Anyone have any knowledge/opinions on how far back into the auto manufacturing of the Honda Odyssey or the Toyota Sienna we should NOT go? B/c I'm pretty sure we can't afford a new/almost-new minivan, but we don't want to get any other make/model, so we'll just have to buy the newest we can for the money we can pay right now. Further, a new Odyssey costs more than a new Sienna, but someone mentioned the other day that they'd just heard that the Siennas are proving more reliable. Anyone have any knowledge/opinion/experience about this, one way or the other?
Ok, time for some real blog posts :)




6 comments:
I've heard similar things about the Sienna being better than the Odyssey; though, if you heard that from Tracy I think we're getting our info from the same place. :)
I've been looking at the same thing - same dilemma. (we currently have a family vehicle that sports 9.9 miles/gallon. ack!)
Personally, I'm keeping a look-out for Siennas, simply because they are so much cheaper. Hondas keep their value longer, but as we will probably run it into the ground, I'm not so worried about that. AND, that means for the same $, you can get a newer model with better features. I'm kind-of a freak about wanting leather seats. And I drool at the possibility of an integrated dvd player!
Good luck!
We have never had a minutes trouble with our Sienna and it is a 2005. We bought ours new. Susan just bought a 2008. You could ask her about the deal she got. Good luck with everything!!!!
We love our Odyssey and other than that I have no other information for you. Good Luck.
We have an 06 Odyssey that we bought on Craigslist. It has been wonderful! It has way more features than we would have picked out ourselves, but I am glad they are there. (Leather seats and all-weather floor mats are MUST haves now... ha!) How exciting that your family is growing to "van size." :)
P.S. Love the pics of Caleb and Ella! They are so cute. What a busy time of life, but so fun!
Our 2000 Odyssey has been recently giving us a lot of trouble. The check engine light is constantly coming on and there is constantly something wrong with it. It's been a pretty good car considering it's already 11 years old, but I'm getting kinda tired of taking it in to the shop lately. We did replace the condenser twice in 2 years. Fortunately, it was still under warranty and we were able to just pay for labor. But still... really? If we were in the market for a new van, honestly we'd stay away from Hondas and would think seriously about the Toyota route.
We went with Toyota because it seemed the most reliable. We heard and read a lot of reviews that Honda vans start having trouble around 75K+ miles, and we've just had good luck with Toyotas. We went with 2008 because that was the last major change (besides the brand new one). But honestly, riding in both mine and Misa's in one day, Misa's seemed nearly the same, so I think the main change in 2008 was the enigne. We searched online (mainly Autotrader) and found it through a dealer in Dallas for a much better price than here or Denver. At first I was freaked out about buying a car online, but our experience was great! Good luck! With the car and the new adoption process! :)
Post a Comment