Sunday, January 20, 2008

Chocolate Oatmeal Chewies

Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment or wax paper.

Melt 1/2 c. butter and stir in:
1/4 c. corn syrup

1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. vanilla
2 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. brown sugar

Press mixture evenly into bottom of lined pan.
Bake at 350° for 20 min.
When done, the whole thing should be bubbling.
If it is crunchy, you baked it too long; if wet or won't stay
together, it is not done.

Melt and spread about 6+ oz. of chocolate chips over the top.
Sprinkle chopped black walnuts over chocolate.
Then chill, cut, and serve! Yummy!!

-Courtesy of Joni Huff

4 comments:

Camille said...

That sounds good! I'll have to try it!

Mommydew said...

I'm famous! haha! I love it! We need to get together sometime!

Amy said...

YAY!!! You have a blog! It's been so fun to see what y'all have been up to! We just love you two!

erin said...

sally! when did this happen? so glad to see you around these parts. hope you and joe are doing well! we miss texas and all y'all.