Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hawaii!

Well, it has taken me over a week to get to it, but I'm finally posting on our Spring Break trip--to Hawaii-! We still can't believe we did something so "spontaneous" and rather unconventional, for us. :)
From Dallas...to Hawai'i! A rainbow's got to be a good sign!

We left Friday, March 28 around noon, and returned on an overnight flight departing Friday, April 4 and landing at 8 a.m. Texas time on the 5th. Here's some of what we did in-between those way-too-long-flights, more or less in chronological order: ***

***Disclaimer/Warning--there are WAY too many pics on this post! (Now you can't say I didn't warn you-! ;)

We stayed in this cute, cozy studio apartment...


...watched a sunrise on the beach...

...ate lunch at Buzz's, at the "Presidents Table" no less-ha!...

...looked at the colorful buses and saw some really cool trees...

...enjoyed driving a rental car, even though it wasn't the Charger Joe was hoping for ;), and thoroughly enjoyed Joe cooking for us all week :D...

...stumbled upon the Oahu island dump (yep, even Hawai'i needs a place to put their garbage...ewww), opposite Barbers Point lighthouse...

...took lots of pictures of the gorgeous plumeria...

...took a Sunday drive to the leeward coast to see the tidal pools...


...more plumeria :)...


...hiked to the lighthouse at Makapu'u Point...


...visited Pearl Harbor Memorial...



...shot way too many pics on our way up the coast to the temple...


...went to the temple...

...and took lots of flower pics there, too!




We went to the Polynesian Cultural Center ("P-C-C")...


...hiked around on a lookout point next to the highway...


...watched Joe boogie board at Sandy Beach while I continuously applied sunscreen (I was on medical rest after cutting my foot when boarding at Waikiki :)...



...ate lunch in a little rocky cove and then lingered on the beach...

...BBQ'd kabobs and made s'mores outside our little bungalow...



...snorkeled in Hanauma Bay (brrr! we picked the one cloudy day to do it :P --but it was still our favorite part of the trip!!)...


...entertained ourselves with the camera in a traffic jam on the Kamehameha Hwy (they stopped traffic completely for an hour) on our way to the North Shore, hoping we weren't going to miss the sunset-!...

...and watched the sunset on Sunset Beach at the North Shore (and collected seashells, of course!).

On our last morning, we hiked some more and looked for whales...




...then did some shopping, imitated sumo wrestlers (ok, that was just Joe), and visited one more lookout point.



Lastly, we attempted, and failed, Diamond Head Crater hike. (I blame it on having no time left before we needed to get to the airport. We had to turn around! It was just a side perk that I missed a hike on a hot day...) Oh yeah, and the world became a little tilted...

And that was the "quick" version of our trip! Awesome and very relaxing! :) And back to the "real world".... I love you Joe!

15 comments:

erin said...

if anyone deserves a getaway, it is the davidsons. well done.

Kim said...

That looks like it was so fun. Hawaii is so beautiful. Have I mentioned I love your hair.

Ella WILLIAMSON said...

BRAVO! BRAVO! FINALLY YOU POSTED YOUR HAWAII TRIP BLOGGER.
CONGRATS TO YOUR TRIP.
WOW WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER. We guess your blogger is better than our blogger trip?

Mommydew said...

You two are so adorable! So I was click through your pictures to see the large view of them and when I clicked on the one of Joe "entertaining" you guys during a traffic jam, Kiera laughed out loud and then said "uh, silly Joe!"
I love all the stuff you guys did on your trip! I'm so glad you guys got to go and have a good time, but selfishly I'm glad your back! ;)

Mikel said...

HOW FUN! Great pictures--they definitely made me miss it out there! You guys are the cutest couple. Looks like you had so much fun!

Bill Gates II said...

What a great trip. I am so happy you got to do something so wonderful for yourselves. Great pictures!!!

Camille said...

Wow, what a trip! That looks so fun, so relaxing, and so gorgeous! And of course it makes me miss you guys like crazy! Next time you go to Hawaii, let us know and we'll come too. : ) And by the way, Sal, you look SO dang cute in ALL the pictures! Your hair is darling, and all your cute headbands look so good on you. Where do you get all those? And the turquoise is definitely your color! You should keep that swim suit. Thanks for letting me enjoy your trip too--I loved all the pics!

Camille said...

And I love the new background and header! Very cute!

Rosanna said...

Loved all the pictures too! But I strongly feel you should use the sunset picture either as a Christmas card or blown up life-size to display in your (or my) house because it was so beautiful...the lighting was amazing and you and Joe look like models. Way to go!

Julie said...

How much fun!!! You guys are so cute - I love it! And, your hair is adorable, Sally. :)

Net said...

Finally! I've been waiting for these pics for a while now... :)
Looks like it was exactly what you needed - a great vacation.

JoDell said...

I'm so happy you guys went to Hawaii! You deserved the vacation! Looks like you had an amazing time. Thanks for posting all the pictures--never appologize about pictures! I loved every one. You both are so cute and photogenic (especially Sally...you make Joe look good!) I love you both!

Tracy Haws said...

I think the common thread among all the posts is, "Love the pic's" and I couldn't agree more. You guys looked so relaxed and happy and we're thrilled you had such a wonderful time...but is anyone else curious about the "medical rest" you were put on for a cut foot? Or did I totally miss something?

We're glad you're back!

Harvey Family said...

Wow, med school looks rough. Man, I sure wish I had time to go to Hawaii and spend like a bazillion days there (just judging from the number of pictures). Looks like life is going great. We'll have to stop by if we ever come go to Dallas.

Marshall said...

So beautiful! Some of the pics made me feel like you were on the set of "Lost"!
We are so anxious to get there someday-- way to go, guys!