I've been in a bit of pain for the past couple weeks, and it was the result of a crowned tooth "acting up", whatever that means. My brother, who just graduated from dental school, thinks the dentist's explanation was bogus. All I know is that I was in a great deal of pain for a solid week, and I am grateful for modern painkillers that work. I am also grateful for an awesome brother and a loving husband, both of whom were concerned about and "fought" for me in this. Joe made several calls to the dental office (including calling the dentist on his emergency cell), went to pick up prescriptions for me, and sat through a couple of virtually sleepless nights with me, along with offering a great deal of comfort and empathy throughout the week. And Peter frequently called to check up on me, and he did his best (over the phone) to help us find another answer to my problem!

On Saturday, as my pain finally began to diminish, we went to our first rodeo! (I was well-drugged, and we needed to get me out of the house :)
Some family friends of the Davidsons live in the metroplex, and they treated us to a real, live Mesquite Rodeo!
(Meliss, we thought of you the whole time - maybe we can go together when you get home, eh?)
My favorite part was "mutton bustin'", when little kids got to ride a buckin' sheep!Hilarious - and brief :) They all got a trophy at the end. The part I thought was the craziest was "cowboy poker" - the four cowboys sat around a card table while a pretty mean-lookin bull was lured toward them by the rodeo clowns. The winner was supposed to be the cowboy who stayed sitting in his chair the longest. Wow - that bull destroyed those chairs, and it looked like he got some pretty good shots at the guy in the pink shirt, but as you can see, he walked away from it - and won. Crazy cowboys.

I

t was a great time--
I can't believe
it has taken us almost
3 years to go to one!
It was also wonderful
to get to know
Mike & Theresa Empey.
7 comments:
Love it! There's nothing like a good 'ol rodeo. Back in hick country (Idaho) we call it "Mexican Poker," and I don't know why. But is sure is fun to watch. I'm not sure I would risk my life for a hundred bucks. And I love the mutton bustin. I can't wait until Eli is old enough! Ride 'em cowboy! I hope you are feeling better.
That sounds so fun!! That's hilarious about cowboy poker. I've never heard of that before or seen it in a rodeo. I bet it's quite entertaining! Those crazy guys! You guys look cute in your matching brown. And I'm so glad your tooth is feeling better!
and by the way, I am always entertained by your student quotes on the side! :) You must be quite entertained at work.
The rodeo looks like it was a lot of fun! That's too bad about your tooth, I hope everything's ok.
I'm sorry to hear that your tooth was causing such misery. There's nothing like fighting a tooth ache! I'm glad you guys had a good time at the rodeo. It looks fun!
Sally I hope you are felling better now. I definately feel for you. There is nothing worse than a tooth ache. I am glad you had fun at the rodeo. It looks like it was a blast. I hope this week is better.
Tooth aches are the worst (or so I've heard!). Hopefully you're feeling better! As for the rodeo...gotta love Texas! Actually, I've never been to a rodeo like that, but it looks like fun. :)
Post a Comment