Tuesday, July 14, 2009

6 months old

Caleb was 6 months old on the 8th. We haven't found a pediatrician here in San Antonio yet, so his stats will come later, but here are some pics I took :)


Caleb is a very active 6-month-old. He loves to swing his arms up and down, kinda like Bam-Bam from the Flintstones :) He loves to kick, whether laying on his back or his tummy. It is especially cute when he is on his tummy, and the other day he got those knees under him and lifted up his little bum. Of course we were excited :)

He loves to blow bubbles, but as he's added his tongue in, he's just always making tooting noises with his mouth and spitting/drooling a lot. It makes us laugh every time, especially when he is giving it his all. He loves to smile, and will generally smile at anyone who smiles at him (unless he is very tired--then he just stares). He seems to prefer girls, giving them the biggest smiles ;) The other day, he started getting really good at the "fish face", and made some great ones Friday evening after our sealing at the San Antonio temple (more on that to come).

He is very good at rolling from his tummy to his back, but hasn't yet found the motivation to try going the other way. He grabs and holds anything within reach, and often moves it toward his mouth, but not always.

When on his back, he will hold things with his hands and his feet together--so cute. He seems to like things that make noise the most, such as his rattles. He also recently started squealing, and in the past couple of days has started screaming for no apparent reason. I guess he is finding his voice. He enjoys his bouncy seat, his bumbo chair, and his swing.

The hard part of his current stage is that he suddenly has hit that social stage and doesn't ever want to go to bed--and as of yesterday, it isn't so pretty. He screams and arches his back when we try for very long to rock him to sleepiness. We'll see what happens.

Even with his refusal to go to sleep, Caleb is such a joy to have in our home. He truly is the light of our lives, and has really changed the dynamic of our family. Caleb, we love you so much!!

12 comments:

Darcy said...

YEAH 6months! What a fun age, but that is the age of when they start not wanting to go to sleep. This is what we started at 6 months-- you get be the boss226, lay him down-- turn on some nursery music We prefer "A childs prayer--primary songs for bedtime" Give him is binkie and blankie and a hug and a kiss (even if he's screaming) and walk out closing the door behind you with the music playing, I always have to be doing something so my heart isnt aching because Im letting him cry himself to sleep (reading or even going outside)-- but in a month or less --Tada its wonderful, and its a nice easy betime routine-- Cash also gets a book befor putting him in his crib. Our kids are so easy to put to bed now its wonderful. The younger you start the routine the better. :) Oh at first you might have to go in every 15 minutes and calm him down and start over-- lay him down turn up or down the music, and walk out-- Cash holds the record for crying over an hour. Just remember your the boss-- Oh this is just a suggestion of what we do. Good Luck!

The Queen of Clearance said...

Oh my! He just keeps getting cuter and cuter! You both are so lucky!

Jami said...

I can't believe he's getting so big! SO cute!

Diana said...

Sounds like he might be a lady's ma already - giving all the ladies the biggest smiles. He is so darling. I hope you are hanging in there with without getting much sleep. Hopefully for you that stage will pass sooner than later!

Ella WILLIAMSON said...

Caleb, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CALEB. 6 Months old.
The post was great.

Camille said...

I miss that little guy! Especially his laugh and huge smiles. I can't wait to see you guys again! I'm SO glad I came! Cute 6 month pictures!

Susan said...

Cute photos and a fun update! I can't believe how fast they grow! The sleeping routine will eventually come - hang in there!

Mardi said...

So darling! Love that smile. And what Darcy says is true. It's hard but SOOOOO worth it.

JoDell said...

I can't wait to meet this little guy! Patrick was looking at the pictures with me, and he said that we should get some of those on our camera. :) Luckily, we'll be able to do that very soon!

We always had a hard time with Patrick and sleep, but Jolene slept through the night at four weeks old. Then, WAH-BAM! At six months, she stopped sleeping! We eventually worked it all out. You guys are way ahead of where we were at this point as far as sleeping in concerned. I have no doubt you'll find something works for your family. Just so you know, my kids still go through stages where their sleep patterns change. I've heard this from other parents, too. I think it's completely normal (although it's definitley not desirable!).

I can't believe Caleb is getting so big! He has a winning smile, that's for sure, and the cutest, curliest hair I've ever seen. I can't wait to get one of those smiles flashed my way. :)

Chelsea said...

Man he is getting so big! i so miss you! it was always so fun to visit with you in the mothers lounge!! hope things are good there!

Heather said...

I'm looking forward to hearing more on the temple sealing!! Hooray!

Harvey Family said...

I can't believe he's already 6 months! He's so cute!! I just love his hair :) He's a doll... enjoy every minute! It goes too fast!