Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Home of Joe's Birth

"42 Newport Dr., Bloomfield, CT 06002"
(Mom and Pam could still remember the little jingle they put together so they would never forget the address...haha, Pam started singing it to me when I told her where I was. :)

Alright Davidson Family (friends, feel free to read, although this will likely be pretty boring for y'all), here's the old Davidson family homestead, Mom and Dad's first home outside of Utah (and ever?). Mom said Dad finished the basement of this home just before they moved down to Texas. She also said that she really didn't want to move...of course, now she couldn't imagine life without Texas. :)
Nobody was home when I got there, so I didn't get to walk in, but it was strangely nostalgic for me despite the lack of memories there. I could imagine Mom and Dad as young parents bringing me home just 6 months before we were to move away. I imagined seeing Pam, Chris, and Carmen playing in the HUGE front yard and driveway or wandering around in the back.
Thankfully there were no fences, so I got a few shots from the backyard. That little shed probably wasn't there back then, and the Hunts (Mom and Dad's friends and then new converts to the Church back then) said the cemetery which owned that forest started developing the land for extension of the graveyard two years ago. So sorry, older sibs, no more awesome forest out back. :( It was really cool to be there. The area was great.

I wandered around the street for awhile, talking to neighbors and just enjoying the random, beautiful December day. It had been FREEZING cold two days before, but the day of my escapade was nice.

Well, that's all. Hope it was fun to see the old place once again. Carmen suggested that we do a reunion out in Connecticut someday. I'm all about that. It's a gorgeous area. Let's do it in the Fall when the trees are changing colors. Wow, I'd love to see that again!

3 comments:

JoDell said...

While I wasn't even born when you guys lived here, it's really neat to see Mom and Dad's first house. I've heard a lot about it, but I've never seen it. Thanks, Joe, for posting. I'm all for a family reunion in New England during the Fall, too!

Darcy said...

neat house, I love visiting the house I grew up in or the one Perry grew up in it brings back great memories. ps check out luke and lacees blog, merry christmas!

Heather said...

Hey, we just had a reunion in CT! In the Groton/New London area where my grandmother and my father grew up. It was great!